Keys to Buying
Buying a Home or Property in the Tacoma Area?
Consult a Professional.
One of the most important decisions you will make when buying a property is choosing a real estate professional that knows the community and can help you with strategies during the process. Shopping around for a real estate professional that meets your needs is suggested and we believe you will see the value in working with us as your Buyer's Agent.
Whoever you choose as your real estate professional, these simple tips will help you find and purchase your new home much more smoothly.
- Before you begin shopping. Educate yourself by learning the financing basics so that you can shop for the home loan that is right for you.
- Pre-approval is key. This will allow you to know the price range that fits your lifestyle and does not take very much time. You will be in a better position to make an offer on a house when you find the right one for you and it will also save you from the disappointment of finding a home that you cannot afford.
- Know what you want. Before searching for your dream home ask yourself what you are looking for in a home. Factors you should be sure to consider are the commute, the size, and cost of repairs or modifications you would want or need to make.
- Debt load and clean up. A few months before house hunting, it is important to clean up your credit history as much as possible. Get copies of your credit report to make sure the facts are correct. Do not apply for new credit cards; pay down the existing ones as much as possible and don’t make any major purchases or incur additional debt until after you have purchased your home.
- Be prepared to move quickly. Your dream home may be someone else’s dream home as well. Be ready to view a property on short notice and prepared to make fast decisions. Also, make sure that you and your buyer’s agent have instant communication; this could make all the difference in purchasing the home of your choice.
Be a smart consumer. Learn the financing basics. Know how to shop for a home loan that's right for you.
Get pre-approved.This takes very little time and lets you know the price range that fits your lifestyle. Click on the logo below....
Damian G. Floreno
Loan Officer MLO # 81635
253-377-7748 Direct- firstname.lastname@example.org
2607 N. Proctor Tacoma, WA 98407 - fax (855) 827-4498
Before you Purchase your home:
- Submit a strong competitive offer.
When submitting an offer, base it as if there are multiple offers being made, and with as few contingencies as possible to make your offer stronger.
- Provide a substantial earnest money deposit.
By including a substantial earnest money deposit, usually 1-3 percent of the sales price, it shows the seller that you are serious about buying their home. This could increase your chance of having your offer accepted by the seller.
- Hire an inspector.
Hiring a professional building inspector to make sure the house you want to purchase is in satisfactory condition is important. Make sure that the inspector you choose is certified and to avoid conflict of interest, avoid hiring an inspector that offers to refer you to a contractor or is willing and able to perform repairs themselves.
- Check zoning regulations and covenants.
Making sure your residential property is zoned to keep out commercial and industrial users is important to ensure you are in a good residential neighborhood. Your lifestyle may be affected by restrictive covenants, be sure to read these thoroughly before agreeing to purchase a home.
A Team of Real Estate Professionals
At Better Properties North Proctor your needs become our goals. We strive to make every purchase and sale as smooth and hassle-free as possible. We live, work and play in the South Puget Sound area and can help you buy or sell any home in Tacoma, University Place, Lakewood, Steilacoom, Puyallup, or any area in Pierce County or surrounding counties. Call us for information on buying a property or with any questions you may have. We love this area and we want you to love it just as much!